Saturday 22 January 2011

God is my helper

Recently I agreed to help a friend to install/fix a DVD player for her. This is not my first choice of helping her as I know next to nothing about these types of gadgets-let alone fixing one. But due to situations/circumstances that do not permit other help, I offered to try. So I asked my son to 'teach/show' me how to fix my DVD player into my TV. To him, it seems so easy.
After getting a new DVD player, we proceeded to her house. But I did confess to her that I might not be able to do it. So another friend said."Let's commit this to God" And we gathered together to pray and ask the Lord to be our helper.

I tried at first to fix it onto the TV in the hall. Nothing!!! So I brought it into the room and fix it onto that TV. Nothing!!! Lord, please help. So I brought the DVD player to fix in onto the TV in the hall once again. This time I pressed a bar and something happened. Viola! It worked. Praise the LORD. All glory to him. I am very happy to be able to help this friend who bought the DVD player for her aged father who is house-bound. God knows and meets each of our needs. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Jean, it is so encouraging. When we learn to trust Him, we will see how wonderful He is...

    ReplyDelete