Thursday 31 December 2009

Luke 17:17

Showing Gratitude - extracts from 'Did You Think to Pray?'

God began to talk to me something like this; I am not meaning an audible voice or anything like that. But the impression on my soul was so deep that an audible voice would not have made me feel much worse. The impression came like this:

'RT, I have been good to you."
"Yes, Lord, I know this."
'Are you thankful?'
"Yes, Lord, you know I'm thankful."
'But you haven't told me.'
"Of course I have, Lord, You know I am thankful"
'Do you remember how you were so fearful of not getting through Oxford University because you were intimidated by the system and the other students around you, in that they were so bright and had been brought up in the British educational system? You, knowing you were from Kentucky, were terrified you would never get through Oxford. I got you through it, didn't I'
"Yes, Lord."
'But you never thanked me.'
"Lord, you know I'm thankful."
'But you never told me.'

I felt horrible. That is not all. It seemed that the Lord began reminding me of dozens and dozens of good things He had done for me - allowing me to be the minister of Westminster Chapel, meeting certain people, having the best friends of my life, giving us such a beautiful place to live in London, writing books - the list seemed endless.
"Lord, you must know I have been thankful."
'But you never told me.'

You may say, as I did, 'But He knows I am thankful'. My reply is:TELL HIM!

On one occasion Jesus healed ten lepers, but only one of them came back to say thank you to Jesus. Instead of praising this leper for his gratitude, Jesus asked,:Where are the other nine?"
God notices ingratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment