Friday 27 August 2010

CAN'T SLEEP?

Recently some sisters from my cell group and also from the Bible Study Group asked for prayers regarding their insomnia. They are unable to fall asleep not because of worries or concerns, nor of sickness or because of the intake of caffeine, but simply because they just couldn't sleep!

For those who have no problems in sleeping (except when they are troubled), they are not able to empathesize with those who simply have difficulty in falling asleep. It's even worse when they do not want to disturb their family members by moving around in the house in the night or switch on the bed light to do some reading. Someone once shared with me how terrible it is not to be able to sleep, but to just lie still on the bed (not wanting to disturb her hubby) and stared at the ceiling until daybreak!

As I ponder over this and read the Bible to behold the beauty of His Word, the Lord is good and He gave me these few verses to comfort and encourage me.
Psalm 3:5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
Psalm 4:4 Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
Psalm 4:8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

What I learned:When I cannot sleep, don't fret. Just lie still and meditate on God's Word and talk to Him. Be always grateful and thankful and be filled with joy, in whatever situations we are in. Indeed, we must not take for granted anything. God is good and His mercy endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment