Thursday 5 August 2010

THE INDECISIVE SQUIRREL

"But Jesus told him,'Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.'" Luke 9:62

As I was driving down the road, a squirrel ran out in front of my car. I was far enough from him that I started braking, trying to miss him. He went one way, then he turned and ran back, then he turned and went back the other way again. I managed to miss him, but he was the most indecisive squirrel I've ever seen!

Indecision is a dangerous thing. As Christians, if we don't know what we believe and why we believe it, people will see through us. If we say we are a Christian but don't act like one at home or at work, people won't respect us. In our faith, we can't be like the squirrel in the middle of the road. We have to make a decision about which way we are going and then follow through.

By Teresa Bell Kindred

No comments:

Post a Comment