Monday 18 October 2010

FORGIVE AND FORGET

When I first saw Joy, the latest member of our cell group, I was very stunned. She held an uncanny resemblance to my buddy friend of yesteryear. If not for the fact that Joy is not a Cantonese, I would have thought that she is my ex-classmate. Joy does not just look like my friend, the way she talks and behaves just seem to remind me of my good friend.

I begin to ask God why? Just a couple of weeks ago, our leader in BSF taught us about Jesus' death on the cross. She said Jesus chose to forgive and forget all the sins of the people. Then, I understood.

Yes Lord, I always told myself that I have forgiven her. But each time I think of her, I could not forget the pains and hurts. I just don't know why a blossom friendship turned so cold - not my fault, more of hers - I argued with God. But God says His Son Jesus chose to forget. And when I understood that, it became very clear to me that I was holding on to the negative emotions in me. So I gave them all to Jesus - on the Cross that day. And till today whenever I see Joy and think of my friend, I could not forget our wonderful times together in school. I chose not to think about the low points in our friendship. Pretty soon, I am able to more and more think good of her and treasure what we had. Thank You Jesus for this beautiful lesson and friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, let's give all our negative emotions to Jesus, to nail on the Cross...Praise God!

    ReplyDelete