Thursday 4 February 2010

FOLLOWING THE CROWD (1 SAMUEL 15:24)

When I was in first grade, my mother helped me make lacy valentines for my classmates. But there was one boy who wasn't liked . My friends thought he was different, so I did, too. I told Mom not to make one for him. She told me I had to.

When she wasn't watching, I took a small discarded paper heart and pasted a picture on it cut from a Sears catalog. It was an ugly card. I wrote the boy's name on it and took to to school.

On Valentine's Day when the teacher asked if everyone had received valentines, the boy said sadly, "I only got one and it's an ugly homemade one."

Years later I can still see his face and hear the heartache in his voice. I did "what the people demanded" rather than what was right and hurt that little boy.
By Leslie Nivens

1 comment:

  1. A good reminder. Col 3:17 comes to my mind: And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

    May our life be able to impact others to love Him more!

    ReplyDelete