Sunday 14 February 2010

John 13:15 DO AS I HAVE DONE TO YOU

What glory is there in cleaning up after your incontinent parent? What joy is to be found in washing sheets and pajamas after your sick child whimpers, "I couldn't make it to the bathroom, Mama"?

It takes a lot of motivation to cook yet another pot of soup to take to a family in crisis. Great determination is also required to do another load of laundry, while mountains of it stare you in the face.

I used to daydream of doing great things for Him. The LORD showed me, by the example of washing His disciples' dusty feet, that acts of kindness and service don't have to be big. They do have to be done with love and humility.

To make menial acts meaningful, I must see a purpose in doing them beyond pleasing myself. Understanding this now makes all the difference in the world in the way I approach serving others.

You serve Christ by serving others. By Elaine Young McGuire

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean,
    It is a good reminder for me esp. when my aged mother-in-law becomes naughty....need more grace..

    ReplyDelete