Friday 5 February 2010

ROMANS 11:33 STRENGTH IN WEAKNESS

With her two young children at her side, Linda has risked everything to flee an abusive situation in South Africa. Picking up the pieces of her life, she'd come to church that Sunday seeking refuge. Answering an altar call for prayer, I was the one assigned to counsel her.

The horrific abuse she'd fled left me speechless. Not knowing what to say, I simply gave her a hug. As my arms went around her shoulders, Linda held on to me as if sh'd found a long-lost treasure. Then she looked up at me and said, "Thank you so much for the gift of your hug. You'll never know how much it's meant. This is the first time anyone has reached out to me since we fled South Africa."

Sometimes God's greatest gifts are His little ones-like a hug. A loving touch can turn a life around.
By Linda Knight

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean,
    Sometimes we belittle what we can offer. A kind word can nurture a wounded person.

    ReplyDelete