Monday 21 June 2010

A Dead Girl (Mark 5:21-43)

As I was reading this much read and loved story of Jesus healing the daughter of a synagogue ruler, Jairus, I was once again bowled over by Jesus.

In verse 24 Jesus went with him (Jairus), apparently to heal the sick girl.

In verse 35 they were told that the girl had died and that there is no need to bother Jesus.

But Jesus told Jairus to just believe and not be afraid. In the end, the little girl was raised up from the dead. In this story, Jesus told everyone to leave the place except the parents. Compare to the story of Lazarus, many people witness the miracle.

Reflection:If I am given an assignment by God, I must complete it no matter what happens. Even if people tell me that there is no hope, no need for my 'help', I will be still obedient to God. In the end, God will get all the glory.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, just simply trusting Him....even to the very end.

    ReplyDelete