Tuesday 8 June 2010

TALKING TO YOURSELF

"Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will prasie him again - my Saviour and my God!" (Psalm 42:11)

Have you ever seen people talking to themselves? I have even caught myself dong it! David talked to himself. It was actually his spirit chastising his soul :"Why am I discouraged? Why so sad?"

Our spirit-soul interface is where the greatest battles are fought. Our spirit needs to continually monitor our soul. Many people can discipline their sensual or physical appetites. But the old man, the inner self, wants its own way.

David tells his soul what to do. "I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again!" Saying the right things to yourself is healthy, growing, and disciplined. Have you challenged your soul today?

By Kenneth M. Hansen

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this seemed to be the experience of many christians. We counsel our souls daily to choose God's way & path!

    ReplyDelete