Friday 25 June 2010

The Healing of a Blind Man at Bethsaida (Mark 8:22-26)

As I read this story once again, I find some more questions to ask the Lord. He has yet to reveal the answers to me, but I believe that perhaps the next time I read this story again, He will. His timing is the best.

In verse 22, Jesus and his disciples came to Bethsaida and some people brought a blind man to Jesus. But Jesus led the blind man outside the village and healed him. Then in verse 26, Jesus sent him home saying, "Don't go into the village." Why?

In this healing process, Jesus did not heal the blind man the first time he touched his eyes. The man could only see people like trees walking around. If I were this man, I just wonder how would I feel? This is a very testing time of faith.

Reflections: Lord, help me, enable me and empower me to just trust You, even when I don't see things clearly - just believe in Your love and power.

Note:Previously I don't uinderstand why Jesus spit on the man's eyes, but I learned later that there is such a thing as "fasting spittle" - very clean and powerful. It's just like we suck our cut fingers with our mouth (saliva) for cleansing and healing!

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting to learn of the spit. I host an online Bible sudy for pregnancy & infant loss and this story is actually one of the discussions---specifically why Jesus chose to use the mud on the blind man's eyes when he could have simply healed him on command. Next time we go around and get to this question I will share this insight. Most of the speculation we had come up with was the ugliness was a tool to something beautiful and sometimes you have to have the "mud" to receive your spiritual "sight". Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete