Thursday 10 June 2010

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. (Psalm 37:3)

I once met a poor woman who earned a meager living through hard domestic labour but was a joyful, triumphant Christian. Another Christian lady, who was quite sullen, said to her one day, "Nancy, I understand your happiness today, but I would think your future prospects would sober you. Suppose, for instance, you experience a time of illness and are unable to work. Or suppose your present employers move away, and you cannot find work elsewhere. Or suppose --

"Stop!" cried Nancy, "I never 'suppose.' The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. And besides," she added to her gloomy friend, "it's all that 'supposing' that's making you so miserable. You'd better give that up and simply trust the Lord."

Extracted from Streams in the Desert

1 comment:

  1. Yes, simply trust the Lord! This is the answer/solution to my problems and woes.

    ReplyDelete