Wednesday 9 September 2009

I'M OK, AND I'M ON MY WAY!

Hi readers, at present I am reading a book by Joyce Meyer entitled 'HOW TO SUCCEED AT BEING YOURSELF'

Extracts from the book:
In Romans 7, Paul said the good things he wanted to do, he could not do; and the evil things he did not want to do, he always found himself doing. He said he felt wretched. I can relate to that-how about you?

Yes, we all have a way to go. I was distraught about how far I had to go, and it seemed Satan reminded me of it daily, sometimes even hourly. I carried a constant sense of failure, a feeling that I just was not what I needed to be, that I was not doing good enough, that I should try harder-and yet when I did try harder, I only failed more.

I have now adopted a new attitude:"I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be; I'm OK, and I'm on my way!"

I now know with all my heart that God is not angry with me because I have not arrived. He is pleased that I am pressing on, that I am staying on the path. If you and I will just "keep on keeping on," God will be pleased with our progress.

Keep walking the walk. A walk is something taken one step at a time. This is an important thing to remember.

Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment