Saturday 26 September 2009

MATTHEW 6:7-8

SHORT & SIMPLE PRAYERS by Joyce Meryer in her book 'How to suceed at being yourself'

Each prayer should be simple, direct, to the point and filled with faith.
If I need forgiveness, I can pray:"Lord, I lost my temper, and I'm sorry. I ask You to forgive me. I receive Your forgiveness, and I thank You for it, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Or I can pray:"Oh, Lord, I'm so wretched. I feel so miserable. It seems that I just cannot do anything right. No matter how hard I try, I am always fouling up and making mistakes. I lost my temper, and now everyone is mad at me. I have made a fool of myself, and I just don't know what I'm going to do. I have got to stop getting mad. I'm so sorry, Father. Please forgive me. Oh, God, please forgive me. Please, Lord, I promised. I will never do it again. Oh, Lord, I feel so guilty. I feel so bad. I am so ashamed of myself. I don't see how You can use me, God. I have so many problems. Well, Lord, I don't feel any better, but I will try to believe that I am forgiven."

HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD WE PRAY ABOUT THE SAME THING?

It is difficult to lay down any strict rules on this subject. I have heard some people say, "Pray repeatedly until you see the breakthrough." I have heard others say,"If you pray more than once for something, then you don't believe you got it the first time."

When I ask the Lord for something in prayer, and that thing comes to my mind or heart again later, I talk to Him about it again. But when I do, I refrain from asking Him the same thing as if I think He didn't hear me the first time. When I pray, I thank the Lord that He is working on the situation I prayed about previously. But I don't come back and repray the same thing all over again.

1 comment:

  1. I love making simple prayers throughout my day. This helps me to communicate with our Lord and learn to trust Him. Sometimes, when I make a mistake, I simply tell Him, aiya Lord, why am i so blur....help me. It is so sweet to just talk to Him like our friend.

    ReplyDelete