Wednesday 23 September 2009

Isaiah 59:1

......the hand of God hath touched me (Job 19:21)

Yes, God can reach His hand down from the heavens and touch a life!

Let me share with you of a dear friend in distress and loneliness of soul. She felt God no longer near. She had prayed and beseeched Him for a touch of His hand once more in her life. "How can He leave me?" she queried. Her friend leaned near and whispered,"Just pray to Him and ask Him to touch you. He'll put His hand on you."

In anguish of soul she began to pray once more. Suddenly she felt the hand of her heavenly Father touching her and she cried out in exaltation, "He has touched me! What joy fills my soul again! What warmth floods over me! But you know, it felt just like it was your hand." "It was my hand," replied her friend. A look of complete dismay and disappointment rushed across her face, "Your hand?" "Of course, do you actually think there'd be a real live hand reaching down through the ceiling to touch you?" God just used the hand that was closest!"

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Matthew 25:35-40

    35 ‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

    God uses us to care for one another and our hand to touch the distress and loniest souls.

    ReplyDelete