Saturday 9 January 2010

EPHESIANS 1:4-5

"Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave Him great pleasure."

Some days it's hard for me to get my arms around the truth that God, the Creator of the universe, actually chose to adopt me into His own family. And if that weren't enough, this verse then tells me that this brings God great pleasure.

When I'm able to tuck that truth in my heart, it changes everything. When the world tells me I don't measure up, this verse tells me I'm the daughter of the King. When I feel hurt, alone, or unloved, God tells me He's loved me before He even made the world. And not only that, God likes me! He tells me I make Him smile.

When I live in the light of God's smile and His love, I can't help but be a better wife, mother, sister, and friend. I can't help but want to be a daughter who relishes pleasing her Heavenly Father. By Sue Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment