Sunday 3 January 2010

MATTHEW 7:7

MY JOB HIS JOB

Have you ever prayed for a friend to know the Lord? I've been praying for a friend of mine for many years. Sometimes this effort seems to be fruitless.

Prior to a recent meeting with my friend, I prayed, "Lord, I'll wait for you. You direct the conversation." We discussed everything. We even danced around salvation by talking about church.

I was puzzled. Why didn't God take this opportunity? I was ready to assist. Just before I pulled out of the parking lot, my friend knocked on the car window.

"I have a favour to ask. Last year my focus was decorating. This year's emphasis is my spiritual life. Will you pray for me?" Totally dumbfounded, I responded, "Yes."

I need to be still and know that He is God. Heart surgery takes precision and timing. I have enough trouble doing my job. God's got His down just fine. Prayer is fruitful. Lori Wildenberh

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean,
    This reminds me of John 2:4-5 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”
    5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”

    This is the first public miracle Jesus did in the Cana of Galilee.

    I need to remind myself that God has his timing and He does all things beautiful in His time.

    ReplyDelete