Tuesday 26 January 2010

SERVING GOD IS AGELESS

'Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom' Psalm 90:12

The day I turned forty, I felt life ended. Anger, depression, emptiness-they all took up residency in my soul. Despite the roses and the lighthearted, morbid humour, my family couldn't pull me our of the dumps.

Thankfully, someone aligned my thoughts with reality. The LORD reminded me of Caleb, who stated when he was eighty-five that he was "as strong as the day that Moses sent him." There was Moses, who at eighty rescued the Israelites. And don't forget Abraham. He was 100 before the LORD gave him Isaac and began to fulfill those wonderful promises.

Clearly age has nothing to do with God's purpose for our life. We need to make the most of our time and use the accumulated wisdom to glorify the LORD. Our seasoned years may bring that bountiful harvest. Fret not over your age! Simply grow in grace and God's wisdom.

God's purpose for your life has nothing to do with your age. By Rhonda Lane Philips

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean
    Praise God and I fully agreed! Age is no longer a issue. Our focus is on Him and Him alone.

    ReplyDelete