Thursday 25 March 2010

THE GOSPEL OF JOHN

I have some friends who are doing their Bible studies with the BSF. Encouraged by their sharing and seeing how much they grow in the Lord, I too join the BSF this year in January. In the year 2010, BSF is studying the gospel according to the apostle John, the disciple whom Jesus loves.

Within a very short time, the Lord reveals to me so many things which I did not know. I have read through this Gospel so many times, now I realised what I know is so little. The questions really make me seek the Lord deeper. In fact, there are many questions I can't answer! These questions are so soul searching - that I really have to seek the Lord.

Even as the Lord cleanses the temple and clearing out all things that dishonour God, He is also cleansing my heart which is full of clutters! But the question is how will i co-operate with Him to allow Him to do the job? He is my Saviour, but also my Lord and Master. When I acknowledge Him as Master, He has the right or authority over me in every area of my life. But the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He will not force me to obey Him. Dear Lord, help me and enable me to submit my will to Thee - in all areas. This will be a tough ongoing lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment