Wednesday 31 March 2010

Psalm 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You

The first step in spiritual growth is not to pray for inner feeling or inner change but that God will indeed be God in our lives.

Since taking Bible studies with the BSF, I have been much challenged. Just this week, I have been challenged to ask God early in the morning what is His assignment for me for that day. So, on Tuesday morning I woke up and eagerly asked God,"Dear Lord and Master, what is Your assignment You have for me today?"

In the mid-afternoon, while in the office, my hand-phone rang. A friend of my secondary school class-mate (I have not seen her since 1977) called me. I don't even know her name! Divine appointment! She called me to enquire about tuition teacher for her son. After chatting for a while, I realised that she is very distressed. Her elder son is highly stressed in JC and her second child is very unhappy in her new school. I am glad God led me to attend lessons on ministering to people who are unhappy and upset. I was able to (in His strength) encourage her and even invited her out for a cuppa so that she can get out of her troubles for a while. I am glad God gives me this priviledge to befriend one of His beloved children. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. Indeed when we submit our day to God, He will lead us in the way we should go and that His name be glorified. God is awesome and great. All glory to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment