Tuesday 10 November 2009

JONAH 4:9

When a person expresses the wish to die, normally this person is suffering with much distress, pain, sadness, hopelessness, loss, no way out etc.

How will an angry man response? Normally an angry person wants to execute justice or take revenge, right? So I find it very strange that Jonah said "I am angry enough to die"

The book of Jonah ends with God chiding Jonah for his 'selfishness' but did not tell us whether Jonah repented or not. If you write a story about Jonah, what will the ending be?

This morning, something happened in my family and I was very angry too. But I remember God said Be Angry But Do Not Sin. So I kept quiet and did not scold anybody or give 'advice' etc. When I was all alone in the office, I let out my anger and just scold, scold, scold. I thank God that I can just vent out my frustration and not say any wrong and hurtful things. Later while taking a walk and while reading a book, God was very good and revealed to me that relationships are more important than anything. And praise God, in the evening the whole issue was resolved! Hallelujah! God is there with me all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean, fully agreed. Relationships are more important than anything. It is very easy to break a relationship when we say hurtful words in a fit of anger. We are all learning and hope we can progress in life without repeating the same lesson many times.

    ReplyDelete