Wednesday 25 November 2009

SMAILL MIRACLES

2 Corinthians 9:8

An old story is told about a tough, weather-beaten, leather-skinned Alaskan, morosely nursing drink after drink in a bar in Anchorage He tells the bartender, with acrimony in his voice, that he has lost the faith he used to have in God.

"I had a terrible accident in the Alaskan wilderness," he confides. "My twin-engine plane went down in the tundra, hundreds of miles away from civilization. I lay pinned in the wreckage for hours, believing that God would somehow help me. I cried out to God, I prayed with every ounce of strength I had left. I begged for rescue. But even as I started freezing to death, God didn't lift a finger to help me. So now, I'm done with that charade," the Alaskan concludes bitterly, "and my faith is God is gone."

The bartender squints at the Alaskan in puzzlement. "But I don't understand," he protests. "Your're here, alive, telling me the story. Obviously you were saved."

"Oh, yeah, that's right," concedes the Alaskan. "Because finally some Eskimo came along...."
Taken from the book 'Small Miracles of Love & Friendship'

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. Remember to give thanks to God for the obvious and the obscure.

No comments:

Post a Comment