Thursday 19 November 2009

Luke 4:22


All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips.

Jesus has just gone through the Devil's temptations and returned to Galilee. He went to the synagogues to teach and had not even performed any miracle. Yet, already people were amazed by Him - His gracious words.

When I read that, I asked the Lord, "Jesus, what gracious words did You speak that people are amazed?". I know words that can build up, edify and encourage others. But what exactly are gracious words. I look up the dictionary and the word gracious means - pleasant, kind, polite to somebody of a lower social position. Wow!

Reflection:Lord, enable me to guard my words, tone and sincerity of what I said and mean it. Many times when I chit chat too much, I forget to consider how other people may interpret my meaning and feel offended. Lord, may my words by gracious and glorify You. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean,
    May our words be always with grace and seasoned with salt (Col 4:6). I just realised we can't do it by ourselves...apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5)...secret is still one with Him.

    ReplyDelete