Thursday 1 April 2010

Psalm 40:11

"LORD, don't hold back your tender mercies from me. My only hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness."

"Please, Mom, can I keep reading?" my son, begged. His reading lamp cast shadows across his face as he clutched a book to his chest.
Keeping his best interest at heart, I said, "no"
"Why?"
"You've school tomorrow and need sleep. Besides, you've already read for an hour. Now, lights out."
I knew that although he neither liked nor agreed with my decision, he'd appreciate getting a good night's sleep. Saying no to him showed my love, though he certainly didn't see it that way.
Many times we respond like my son when God says no to our requests. We grumble, fret, and plead for our way. Sometimes, later reflections reveal what grace and love we were shown by that no. Sometimes, we don't understand. In those cases, we must trust God has our best interests at heart, for His way is always better than our way. By Lori Z Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment