Thursday 8 July 2010

THE DEATH OF LAZARUS (JOHN 11:6)

Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.

We are always impatient. When we are sick, we pray for healing IMMEDIATELY. When we are anxious about our loved ones who are sick, we pray that God will heal NOW. After taking medicine for 1 day, we will doubt the effectiveness of the drugs. When our prayers are not answered soon, we will question where God is. We are always so impatient. We always want instant gratification.

But look at Jesus. He is never in a hurry. His timing is always perfect - never too early nor late.

Reflections:Lord, help me to trust in You. Even though I am so short-sighted and could not see any good or improvement, help me in my myopia. Empower me to just leave my every concerns upon that Cross and ....... well, just leave them there!

1 comment: