Monday 5 July 2010

On the Shoulders of the Father

As a toddler, you may have sat on your daddy's shoulders to see more things. You did not worry of falling down because your daddy's hands were holding you, giving you security. This is just like a very young Christian - our Heavenly Father putting us on His shoulders so that we can get a better perspective of what's happening all around us. We are so small - small in stature, small in faith, small in wisdom and knowledge, so Papa God helps us along by putting us upon His shoulders and though we are afraid of falling at first, but we are confident as His hands are holding our hands.

As an adult with worries of a different sort, I need the support and comfort of my Father. I can tell Him my problems and know He will shield me all day long. Challenges diminish when I am resting on His shoulders, reassured that He is in charge. Shielded by His shoulders, I see that my concerns are really quite small.

No comments:

Post a Comment