Friday 16 July 2010

Galatians 3:22 (God's promise)

Not long ago I had one of those nights when sleep wouldn't come, no matter how many sheep I counted. My heart was troubled and I couldn't let go of my worries no matter how hard I prayed.

Later the next day the heat and humidity exploded in a summer thunderstorm. After the storm passed I went outside to enjoy some cooler air. What I saw took my breath away. It was the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen. Each colour was as vivid as if God had hand painted the rainbow in the sky just for me.

"God's promise," I said softly, and the rainbow is just a reminder of one of His promises.

God promised that He would answer my prayers. It may not be soon. It may not be the answer I want, but it will be the answer I need.

I know because He promised. God keeps His promises. By Teresa Bell Kindred

1 comment: