Friday 2 July 2010

Search me, O Lord.....

Ever since I shifted into this house in 1988, I have never cleared or cleaned my store-room. Countless times I have done spring-cleaning of all the other rooms and wardrobes, but never the store-room.

But this time, I pluck up my courage and just go ahead with the job I disliked. Why? Because this room is so cluttered with junk that I just don't know where to start. Golf-sets, bowling balls, umbrellas, broken sewing machine, obselete typewriter, lots of stationery and base-ball caps (smelly too!), luggage bags with winter clothings, even dirty army boots and sleeping bags, tool boxes etc etc etc......

Reflections:Dear Lord, cleaning and clearing the store-room is like cleaning my heart! I have a hard time doing a fair job of it, I believe You too had a difficult time cleaning up my heart that is so cluttered with unwanted attitudes - jealousy, pride, self-righteousness, self-reliance, complacency, selfishness, conceitedness, apathy, judgmental attitudes, lack of love and compassion etc etc etc Dear Holy Spirit, please strengthen me with the joy of the Lord for You are the one I rely on. In Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Jean, fully agreed. This is a good reminder when we started coming before Him and allowing Him to clean every corner of our heart. We just realised that such a small heart is so cluttered with so many unwanted stuffs!

    ReplyDelete