Friday 7 August 2009

JESUS HEALS A PARALYTIC MARK 2:1-11

Dear Readers, I am sure you know this story very well. I have read this story many times too.The most recent time I read this, I was amazed by v.5, Jesus says:"My son, your sins are forgiven."

Four friends, full of faith, lowered him from the roof on a pallet. Jesus, seeing the faith of the 4 men forgave this man's sins. I notice that this man did nothing - no confession of sins, no pleading, no nothing, and all his sins were forgiven! Isn't God awesome?

Lesson learnt: 1 God forgives us based on His character, His grace. Nothing we do can earn this. God is love.
2 Jesus looks at the heart. He knows the heart of this sinner, the spiritual condition of his heart. (a softened heart, not a stubborn one nor a hardened one)

No comments:

Post a Comment