Saturday 8 August 2009

JESUS HEALS THE PEOPLE

Hi dear readers, I love reading the Gospels because these are stories about ordinary people with lots of problems - just like us. I can relate to them, their anxiety, their unbelief, their lack of faith etc. Today as I read about Jesus in Mark chapters 8 and 9, I ponder about the reactions of these people - and will I react in the same way?

Mark 8:23-25

And taking the blind man by the hand, He brought him out of the village; and after spitting on his eyes, and laying His hands upon him, He asked him."Do you see anything?"

And he looked up and said,"I see men, for I am seeing them like trees, walking about."

Then again He laid His hands upon his eyes, and he looked intently and was restored, and began to see everything clearly.

I ask myself,"Why does Jesus need to lay His hands on the blind man twice?" More importantly, will I respond just like the blind man if I still can't see the first time?

Mark 9:22-24

"And it has........But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!"

And Jesus said to him."If You can!" All things are possible to him who believes."

Immediately the boy's father cried out and began saying,"I do believe, help my unbelief."

As parents, we are very concerned about our children. This father must have seek the help of many priests and doctors, yet his son is not cured. Even Jesus' disciples cannot heal his son. Thus his desperation drove him to say 'If you can' to Jesus as a last resort. I find his response to Jesus' rebuke is very interesting - also very contradicting. Will I respond to Jesus just like this father?



No comments:

Post a Comment