Wednesday 7 April 2010

Cana and Capernaum (John 4:45-54)

It's really interesting to note that every word in the Bible speaks about something. While reading this story of Jesus healing the official's son, I noticed that Jesus was in Cana while the sick boy was in Capernaum. The distance between these 2 places was about 20 miles - a one day's journey.

After Jesus said "Go your way; your son lives" I would expect this man to be so happy that he would quicken his steps to see his beloved child. But in verse 52 John said the boy was healed yesterday. So why did the man took so long to reach home?

I remember during a storm late last year, rain came pouring into my flat. My furniture, books etc near the windows were wet, and the water kept coming in. My son and me were kept busy trying to stop the water from gushing in and keeping the place dry. Fortunately nothing was damaged. Several days later, another heavy storm came. But this time no one was at home! So I knew the only thing I could do was pray, asking Papa God to take care of all that were in the house. After work I did not rush home to check on my furniture and belongings for I knew that God had answered my prayer! So I believe this is the same way this official reacted.

God is indeed good and faithful. He knows our every need and there is just no need to worry!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, praise God...we just simply believed and there is no need to worry!

    ReplyDelete