Friday 9 April 2010

WHY ME, LORD?

Philippians 2:8
"And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross."

After six years of full-time caregiving to my parents, raising two preschoolers, and enduring menopause, I wondered how much more I could take. One morning I awoke and groaned,"Lord, what did I do to deserve this?'

To my surprise, the Lord answered,"What did I do to deserve the cross?" After a brief silence, I heard more."Will you lay down your life for your family?'

It's so easy to say yes in the prayer closet. But the same Lord of the prayer closet walks with me through my difficult days-and He's only a prayer away. Giving service to others was His will for my life, and the lives of all His children.

Jesus wants you to be a servant. - Mary Roberts Clark

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jean,

    Very touching ... may we be willing to serve..seeing how our dear Lord chose the way of the cross...

    ReplyDelete