Friday 9 April 2010

God's Daily Planner (Proverbs 3>27)

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it's in your power to help them."

Frail and terminally ill, he lifted his bandaged hand and caressed my cheek. I hadn't expected to be visiting Henry. I'd come to the hospital to wait with a friend while her daughter had surgery, but rules prevented me from going with her. Alone in the waiting room, all I could think was, "What a waste of time."

To my surprise, my dad showed up. He told me he was there to visit our longtime neighbour, Henry, who was dying. After dad left I decided to visit Henry, too. I wasn't even sure if he'd remember who I was. As I chatted with Henry, I talked to him about how much Jesus loved him. He listened intently and tearfully whispered "Thank you' as I left. Three days later, he died.

My time wasn't wasted that day. I was keeping a divine appointment to be there for Henry.

Divine appointments are all around you every day. All you need are eyes to see and ears to hear. By Linda Knight

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jean,

    May God bless our eyes to see and ears to hear ....

    ReplyDelete