Sunday 4 April 2010

JESUS HEALS THE OFFICIAL'S SON

John 4:43 - 54

As I study this story by myself, I found certain points interesting and puzzling.

In verse 48, Jesus said to the official,"Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders, you will never believe."

My first question is 'Why is Jesus first response to an anxious father who had come all the way to seek Him out so harsh?'

My second question is 'Who do the 'you people' really refer to - the Jews, Galileans,the Gentiles or to those whom Jesus referred to in John 2:24-25? for he knew what was in a man?'

My third question is 'believe in what or who'? If this official is not full of faith and believing in Jesus, he would not have come all the way to seek healing for his son. So why did Jesus seemed
to question his motive or faith?

I really hope to seek answers to these questions and I believe as I pursue them in my BSF, the author of the Bible, the Holy Spirit will reveal all truth to those who seek Him earnestly. Amen

All glory to God.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jean,
    Praise God, the official began to put his trust in Jesus...John 4:50 The man took Jesus at his word and departed. Initially, he wanted Jesus to go with him to heal his son but Jesus simply tell him "you may go, your son lives."

    ReplyDelete