Monday 19 April 2010

NO TV DAY

Psalm 101:2-3
"I will be careful to ive a blameless life-when will you come to my aid? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. I will refuse to took at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all crooked dealings; I will have nothing to do with them."

I decided to conduct my own experience-no TV, no secular books, no secular magazines for thirty days. The first week was tough, almost like withdrawal. I would twiddle my thumbs wondering what I could do with all my extra time. I hadn't even considered myself an avid TV fan.

Before I knew it, projects that I had procrastinated on were completed. I wrote letters and sent cards. I read my Bible and really enjoyed it. I mediated and enjoyed the silence. I exercised more and met with friends. I sang in the car and danced to praise songs in the living room. My anxiety level went down. My thoughts were pleasant.

One day I chanced to pass a TV in a store. It was showing one of those crime programs I had watched for years. It was stunning to see what had once entertained me. My thirty-day experiment became forever.

Purity and integrity lead to peaceful and productive lives in your own home. By Shanon Rule

No comments:

Post a Comment