Tuesday 13 April 2010

John 5:15

The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

Whenever I read this verse, my own interpretation of 'self righteous' made me angry with this man whom Jesus had just made well; physically, emotionally and spiritually. Instead of being eternally grateful, he went and told the Jews that Jesus was the man who healed him. I felt I had the right to be angry. It was because of him, the Jews hated Jesus even more.

But the Lord taught me a great lesson today. The Lord taught me to look at this verse in another perspective. This man could be witnessing for Jesus! He was healed and was very happy, so he went around everywhere to tell people that Jesus healed him.

The lesson is: Look at any situation from God's perspective!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jean,

    I love that statement..look at any situation from God's perspective! When I learn to see from His perspective, many things start to change...I can learn to praise Him.

    ReplyDelete