Monday 19 April 2010

Pussy Willows and Pinecones

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8

When I was small, my sister told me that umbrellas grew in the rain - that they bloomed into large, fully grown umbrellas. The closed-up ones had to get wet before they got bigger. It made sense to a five-year-old who also believed that pinecones turned into porcupines when watered, pussy willows grew to be cats, and lightning was God taking a picture of me. I used to look up at the sky and grin from ear to ear so He could get a good shot of me!

My perception of the world had an innocent patina that faded as I grew older, except for one belief that remained steadfast:My Aunt told me stories about Jesus - a man who came to save the world and loved me so much He died for me so that we could spend eternity together. He walked on water, healed the sick, and rose from the grave -these truths have never lost their luster. Perceptions change but God's faithfullness is steadfast. By Shae Cookie

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Jean, God's faithfulness is steadfast and certain.

    ReplyDelete