Wednesday 14 April 2010

"Why?"

John 13:7
Jesus replied,"You don't understand now why I am doing it; someday you will."

"Why, Mudder, why?" My daughter's anguished question broke my heart. Her three-year-old tongue couldn't quite wrap around "Mother," but the emotions was genuine.

She was terrified of needles and our pediatrician had prescribed an injection every day for a month. Her worsening allergies had twice led to pneumonia that threatened her life. So, I wept with her, and helped the nurse hold her down for the shots. There was no way to explain immunization to a toddler.

Today she is tall and strong, the mother of a teenager. Recently our family experienced painful times and my heart's cry to the Father reminded me of her long-ago wail:"Why, Mudder, why?" There are things God cannot explain to human hearts. But surely we can trust the One who sent His only Son to die for us. You can trust in Jesus even if you don't understand all the whys.

By Kathryn Thompson Presley

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jean,

    It pleased God when we put our complete trust on Him. He does all things beautiful in its time, though we might not understand now!

    ReplyDelete