Friday 28 May 2010

GROW DEEP ROOTS

"But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit. "Jeremiah 17:7-9

I don't know about you, but many days I find myself putting my 'roots' down into the world. I find myself worrying about my kids, my husband, and my finances. I think of the future, without spending enough time thinking of the One who holds us in His hands.

When I place my trust in this world, I place it in things that will not last. My roots are planted in shallow ground. When I place my trust in the Lord, and make Him my confidence and hope, my roots are secure for eternity.

God does not promise to be with us if we have troubles in this life, but when we have them. If we will root ourselves in Him and His Word, we will have the strength to face the troubled times and those periods of drought. By Sue Rhodes

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He wants us to learn to place all our trust on Him. When we root ourselves in Him and His Word, we will have the strength to face all difficult moments.

    ReplyDelete