Wednesday 5 May 2010

Sprinkle Your Day with Prayer

"For what great nation has a god as near to them as the LORD our God is near to us whenever we call on him?" Deuteronomy 4:7

The other day, I lamented to my mother-in-law how my prayer life has evaporated since I gave birth to my children. I never seem to have a quiet moment.

She smiled knowingly and said,"Sprinkle your day with prayer."
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Mothers usually don't find many uninterrupted periods of time for prayer," she said. "Instead, you have to utilize small chunks of time throughout the day. Pray in the shower, or while driving to pick up the kids from school. Pray while you chop the carrots for dinner. Whatever time you find works for you, even if it's only for a minute, pray."

I tried her advice, and found success, especially during my morning run. I lace up my shoes and literally have a "running conversation' with God. It's refreshing to feel the nearness of Him again.
If you're having trouble finding time to pray, try sprinkling your day with prayer. Let prayer be the glue that holds your day together in Him. By Lori Z Scott

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean,
    Very encouraging. I love to sprinkle my day with prayer. It is really a good practice.

    ReplyDelete