Friday 28 May 2010

NOT MY WILL, BUT YOURS BE DONE (LUKE 22:42)

We are strong with God only when self is conquered and is dead, only when we let God be God.
An incident from the prayer life of Charles H. Usher illustrates how 'wrestling prayer' is a hindrance to prevailing prayer. He shared his story:"My little boy, Frank, was very ill, and the doctors held out little hope of his recovery. I used all the prayer knowledge I possessed on his behalf, but he continued to worsen. This went on for several weeks. One day I realised my defeat and told God that I will leave Frank to God and give myself up to prayer for others. I chose God's will - surrendered myself entirely to God.From that time forward my son began to get better. I then realised that it was the 'wrestling' of my prayers that had hindered God's answer, and that if i had continued to wrestle, being unwilling to surrender him to God, he would probably not be here today!"

Extracted from Streams in the Desert.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, let God be God...many a time, we dethrone Him. He is merciful and may we enthrone Him every moment.

    ReplyDelete