Monday 10 May 2010

Psalm 66:12 "We went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

The adverse winds blew against my life;
My little ship with grief was tossed;
My plans were gone-heart full of strife,
And all my hope seemed to be lost-
"Then He arose"-one word of peace.
"There was a calm"- a sweet release.

A tempest great of doubt and fear
Possessed my mind; no light was there
To guide, or make my vision clear.
Dark night! 'twas more than I could bear-
"Then He arose," I saw His face-
"There was a calm" filled with His grace.
My heart was sinking 'neath the wave
Of deepening test and raging grief;
All seemed as lost, and none could save,
And nothing could bring me relief -
"Then He arose"-and spoke one word,
"There was a calm!" "IT IS THE LORD."

Extracted from Streams In the Desert

No comments:

Post a Comment